Winta represents several community associations throughout the DC, Maryland, and Virginia tri-state area.
As a community association’s attorney, Winta works with condominium and homeowners’ associations to:
• Negotiate service contracts
• Obtain FHA pre-approval
• Transfer storm water management/maintenance facility responsibilities
• Draft easement agreements
• Defend lawsuits/complaints against the association (ex. for disputed contracts or complaints submitted to various consumer rights commissions)
• Defend complaints against associations for alleged Human Rights violations
• Negotiate condemnation/eminent domain matters
• Collect unpaid condominium fees and association assessments
Winta has been successful in completing complex storm water maintenance facility transfers. In one case, Winta assisted a client in drafting brand new easements and grants to the county in order to transfer several storm water management facilities thereby saving the association several thousands of dollars in future structural maintenance costs.
In addition, Winta effectively collects severely delinquent assessment accounts by pursuing aggressive legal action. In one case,
Winta pursued a foreclosure of multiple units owned by the same investor owner, forcing the owner to submit payment in full to stop each foreclosure.