Rasneek Gujral focuses her practice on Creditors’ Rights and Community Associations. She has extensive experience counseling on the collection of assessments, debt collection litigation, and bankruptcy matters. She regularly advises on rules for community associations, drafts amendments to governing documents, and engages in covenant compliance litigation. Rasneek also assists community association clients regarding policy issues, regulatory compliance with both state and federal rules, and consumer protection laws.
Rasneek represents creditor clients firm-wide in Chapter 13 and 11 restructuring along with Chapter 7 insolvency matters before the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland. She has successfully argued motions before the U.S. Bankruptcy and Federal Courts in the District of Maryland.
In 2021, Rasneek Gujral was named a Maryland Rising Star by SuperLawyers.com and has continuously been named since. She has now been named a Virginia Rising Star by SuperLawyers.com, as well.
Additionally, Rasneek is a certified mediator in the State of Maryland. She has volunteered with the Fairfax Bar Association Youth Programs and currently sits on the executive board of the Alexandria Choral Society.
News & Publications
- Ponzi’s the Name, Clawback’s the Game – Panelist in joint presentation of the Maryland State Bar Association Consumer Bankruptcy Section and the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation, April 2017
- Ho, Ho, Ho, HOA & Condominium Issues in Bankruptcy Law – Technical advisor in the Maryland State Bar Association Ocean City Annual Meeting presentation by the Consumer Bankruptcy Section, May 2017
- Crypto World: How Well Do You Understand Blockchain, Business and Law? – Panelist in joint presentation of the Maryland State Bar Association Consumer Bankruptcy Section and the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation, June 2018
- Annual Stanton J. Levinson HOA Institute – Panelist in presentation of the Maryland State Bar Association Consumer Bankruptcy Section on Community Associations Law and its treatment under the United States Bankruptcy Code, February 2020 and April 2021
- Co-Author, “Books, Records, & Document Retention. Oh My!” (January 2020 RB Community Association Newsletter)
- Co-Author, “Are You Ready for Electronic Meetings?” (September 2021 RB Community Association Newsletter)
- Co-Author, “Community Association Collection Options" (June 2023 Beacon Magazine)
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Maryland Bankruptcy Bar Association
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation – D.C. Chapter, Co-Chair
- Asian American Bar Association of Maryland
- 2021-2022 Maryland Rising Star – SuperLawyers.com
- 2022 Virginia Rising Star – SuperLawyers.com