From time to time, Rees Broome has openings for full- and part-time staff and summer staff positions.
We also hire summer law clerks, school-year law clerks and associates as needed.
If the firm has an opening, the position will be posted below. Please do not submit resumes unless a specific position matching your education and experience is posted.
Attorney resumes should be emailed to:
Arteida G. Bickford, Human Resources Manager
Rees Broome offers competitive compensation, a generous bonus plan and we actively engage in associates’ professional growth. Rees Broome is an EOE. We are not currently accepting submissions from search firms for this position.
1) HR Assistant
Job Title: HR Junior Assistant
Reports To: HR & Recruiting Manager
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
We are currently seeking a motivated HR Junior Assistant to join our team! The Junior Assistant is responsible for supporting the Human Resources function with a focus in the areas of recruitment, employee appreciation/engagement, performance management, payroll and other duties as assigned. The Junior Assistant will primarily support the HR & Recruiting Manager in the Tysons office.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of human resources experience, preferably in employee relations and/or recruiting.
- Proven ability to effectively build and leverage professional relationships and work well within a team approach environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task.
- High level of accuracy, detail orientation and strong computer skills.
- Self-starter with excellent problem analysis/resolution, employee relations, training, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work well independently, as needed, with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of employment law and a PHR are a plus.
- 9:00am – 5:30 pm
- Must be able to come in office – NO remote work capability
- Monday -Friday
To apply please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
2) Facilities Manager (temp)
Job Title: Temporary – Facilities Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non -Exempt
The Facilities Manager will oversee and manage all administrative aspects pertaining to the day-to-day running of the facilities and the maintenance of the Firm’s premises to provide an efficient and safe work environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working closely with Landlord on day-to-day building maintenance issues/requests including janitorial and engineering services as necessary, and building and fire department compliance;
- Serving as Landlord/Tenant liaison for all building related activity;
- Overseeing smooth running of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, cleaning, exterminating and marble/metal maintenance;
- Managing contractor/vendor relationships, coordinating and monitoring activities of contract suppliers;
- Overseeing, conducting and documenting regular facilities inspections;
- Manage supply inventory, order supplies, organize supply areas, and communicate with supply vendors; Evaluate supply trends and use; Deliver requested supplies;
- Oversee office moves, furniture relocations, cleanup efforts, painting, and general maintenance of offices;
- Manage paper-shredding and recycling programs;
- Travel to Leesburg and Bethesda offices to oversee all building related activities and ensure that facilities are safe and well-functioning, and to deliver any necessary supplies and materials.
- Manage the workflow and priorities of one or more staff members, including supervising their performance and set goals, ensuring their continuous professional development and providing opportunities for them to demonstrate and build skills; perform quality assurance review of their work product and ensure they have adequate resources to provide high-quality service;
- Work beyond scheduled hours as required
- Handle additional related projects as assigned.
- Proven experience as facilities manager or relevant position
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Physical ability to lift, load and unload heavy boxes and items like furniture that require a lot of physical strength and endurance.
- Knowledge and skilled in using Microsoft Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and to prioritize workload
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- Relevant professional qualification will be an advantage
3) CA- Legal Assistant
Job Title: Legal Assistant – Community Associations
Department: Community Associations
Reports To: Senior Paralegal Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Performs a variety of secretarial duties for Community Association attorneys to whom assigned according to established policies and procedures. Maintains positive contact with clients, attorneys, supervisors, and staff. Observes confidentiality of client matters.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Composes letters, memos and various other court documents. Prepares documents for delivery to court with appropriate formatting, copies, and court fees. Proofreads all work completely and carefully. Timely scans all documents into Software program.
· Sorts and dates incoming mail, identifying time-sensitive documents and notifying attorneys. Ensures that outgoing mail is timely prepared, and, if necessary, routes mail to specific delivery service and follows up on timely delivery. Timely log all returned mail into software program and notify responsible attorney.
· Utilizes and is proficient in computer software including Microsoft Office Suite and Orion. Operates standard office equipment, including personal computer, printers, copiers, typewriter, facsimile, telephone and dictation equipment.
· Prepare client proposals to obtain new business for the firm; monitor and track retainer letters for new clients
· Timely opens, closes and maintains all case and general files according to written procedure.
· Responsible for maintaining all private process service information for court pleadings and managing case information with service providers.
· Assist with attorney organization by timely maintaining filing and Chron records.
· Receives clients and visitors. Schedules and prepares conference room. Maintains good public relations with clients.
· Assists attorneys in registering for and reporting all required mandatory Continuing Legal Education credits for each MCLE year.
· Assists attorneys with marketing activities: maintains attorney marketing and seminar folders; coordinates registration for networking functions; assists in planning and coordinating marketing activities; prepares Power point presentations.
· Performs paralegal duties as requested and bills time according to policy and client billing guidelines, including proper task codes when needed.
· Provide coverage for additional attorneys should the need arise.
· Provide receptionist coverage from time to time as needed.
Job Type: Full-time