From time to time, Rees Broome has openings for full- and part-time staff and summer staff positions.
We also hire summer law clerks, school-year law clerks and associates as needed.
If the firm has an opening, the position will be posted below. Please do not submit resumes unless a specific position matching your education and experience is posted.
Attorney resumes should be emailed to:
Arteida G. Bickford, Human Resources Manager
Professional Staff Openings
Job Title: Facilities Manager (Part-Time)
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non -Exempt
The Facilities Manager will oversee and manage all administrative aspects pertaining to the day-to-day running of the facilities and the maintenance of the Firm’s premises to provide an efficient and safe work environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working closely with Landlord on day-to-day building maintenance issues/requests including janitorial and engineering services as necessary, and building and fire department compliance;
- Serving as Landlord/Tenant liaison for all building related activity;
- Overseeing smooth running of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, cleaning, exterminating and marble/metal maintenance;
- Managing contractor/vendor relationships, coordinating and monitoring activities of contract suppliers;
- Overseeing, conducting and documenting regular facilities inspections;
- Manage supply inventory, order supplies, organize supply areas, and communicate with supply vendors; Evaluate supply trends and use; Deliver requested supplies;
- Oversee office moves, furniture relocations, cleanup efforts, painting, and general maintenance of offices;
- Manage paper-shredding and recycling programs;
- Travel to Leesburg and Bethesda offices to oversee all building related activities and ensure that facilities are safe and well-functioning, and to deliver any necessary supplies and materials.
- Manage the workflow and priorities of one or more staff members, including supervising their performance and set goals, ensuring their continuous professional development and providing opportunities for them to demonstrate and build skills; perform quality assurance review of their work product and ensure they have adequate resources to provide high-quality service;
- Work beyond scheduled hours as required
- Handle additional related projects as assigned.
- Proven experience as facilities manager or relevant position
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Physical ability to lift, load and unload heavy boxes and items like furniture that require a lot of physical strength and endurance.
- Knowledge and skilled in using Microsoft Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and to prioritize workload
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- Relevant professional qualification will be an advantage